Author: Cassandra Fear
Publication Date: April 19 2016
Genres: Paranormal, Young Adult
Format: eBook (Review Copy)
Jasmine’s sixteenth birthday was the worst ever…
All in one day, her dad died, she met a demon, and her mother rejected her existence forever. After all, the demon who killed her dad was there to take her, and all because of her stupid powers—the ability to conjure blue flames.
Two years later, she’s happy. But happy never lasts…
After moving to Idaho to live with her grandparents, Jasmine has a new life. Almost nobody knows about her powers, and she’s just a normal teenager with normal problems. Then comes her eighteenth birthday—and the earthquake that changes her world forever.
An army of demons rise from Hell. And Jasmine is right in the middle of the battle…
When demons claw their way to Earth, Jasmine is surrounded by hundreds of fire-eyed beasts. Worse, she is captured by a big-shot demon named Bael. He’s a tricky foe with a chip on his shoulder—and the desire to make Jasmine use her powers for evil.
Amon is a fallen angel with an attitude—and everything to lose.
Successfully escaping the underworld undetected, Amon is on a quest to regain God’s grace when he rescues Jasmine from the clutches of a particularly nasty demon he knows all too well. The attraction between him and the not-entirely-human captive is instantaneous. Heavenly sparks fly, but ideas of romance will have to wait. First they have to stop the demon race from wiping out the mortal realm. Humanity’s fate rests in their hands.
Can two troubled angels rise above the flames to ensure a future for mankind? Or will Jasmine and Amon’s souls be bound together—in hell?
About the Author
Cassandra Fear lives in Ohio with her husband, two kids and two dogs. Hiking, taking care of her fish tank and reading are her favorite hobbies. She loves chocolate, hates driving in the snow and could eat macaroni and cheese every day. In her spare time, she loves to write, and has always dreamed of becoming an author. Her dreams will become reality with her first book, Above the Flames.
Find Cassandra on: Official Website
- What is your most favourite book? My favorite book of all time is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I read it for the first time in ninth grade English class and ever since, anytime I need a pick me up I re-read it.
- Who is your favourite author? My favorite author…this is a hard one. I love Karen Marie Moning. Her Fever Series has kept me up all through the night because I just couldn’t put them down. So, I’ll go with her, even though there are just too many to list.
- If you could live in a fictional world, which would it be and why? Wow. This is a great question. I would say the best fictional world to live in would probably be Tolkien’s world. He created such an awesome place, and even though there are dangers lurking around every single corner, I would love to live with each and every one of the hobbits, and Gandalf. I would love to meet Gandalf.
- What is the most crucial part of writing your book? For me, the most crucial part of writing my book is consistency. When you are writing a rough draft, it’s hard to keep track of what was put in already and what wasn’t. So you read it again, and you edit. And you keep going through this process until everything is accurate. Also, characterization is huge. If you don’t have likeable characters that you can relate to, it could break you as an author. At least, that’s my opinion.
- Do you have any tips to all the aspiring writers out there? Don’t give up. So many people along the way will knock you down, tell you your work isn’t good enough. Don’t listen to them. Build your confidence up and believe in what you are doing. That is the only way you’ll succeed. Don’t let anyone tear your dream away from you. It’s within your grasp. Just because one person doesn’t like your work, doesn’t mean another won’t. The writing industry is very subjective.
- Did you picture any celebs portraying the roles of your main character/s? Alexander Skarsgard would be perfect for my main male character, Amon. And I would love it if Jennifer Lawrence took the role of Jasmine, my main female character. I just think she’s a wonderful actress and she would be perfect!
- Are you a cat or a dog lover? I would have to say both. I have two dogs, Marley and Smoochie. And I have a cat named Ping, who was named by my son when he was two. He’s now eleven haha. But, if I had to pick one or the other, it would probably be dogs because they don’t attack my ankles when I walk up the stairs.
- If you could embark on an epic adventure, what kind of animal/creature will you take with you? Well, it would be something big. Like a dragon, so I could have a ride when I needed one. Of course, the dragon would actually have to like me and not try to breathe fire all over me.
- What is your inspiration on writing Above the Flames? I know many authors say this, and I never believed it until it happened to me. I had a vivid, crazy dream about demons and angels and it was still so in my head when I woke up that I had to write it down. Initially, I wrote a quick rough draft, then I didn’t touch it for about a year. After that, I worked hard on molding Above the Flames into what it is now, and of course I couldn’t have done it without my Publisher, Limitless Publishing, and my editor, Gillian. Teamwork is the best work, if you ask me.
- What is your most loved TV show? The Walking Dead. I never miss it. I go through a grieving period when the show isn’t on. It’s kind of sad, really. But I love the characters, the high tension. Everything.
- Can you describe your book to the readers? My book is action packed. It’s got a little bit of everything. It has a group of humans who were created to stop the demons, who all have powers of their own. It has demons, but not your average, everyday demons. My demons are very modernized, and very different than what you would expect. And it has angels, which are again very different from your long gown, winged, halo-wearing angels. The demons are trying to take Earth as their new Hell, and in order to do that they have to wipe out humanity. And, there’s a little romance brewing between the pages. But if you want to find out more, give it a read. You won’t be sorry!
Click on the link below:
See the rest of the blog tour. Click on the Xpresso Book Tour button below: